Logo

PCM 351 Timing Cover

racecarguy

"I have an 82 2001 ski natquie

"I have an 82 2001 ski natquie with a pcm 351 engine. I completely rebuilt the engine new block and all. The orginial timing cover was cast iron and I cant find a new one. I have been told not to use a aluminum one in brackish water because it would corrode in no time. Does anyone know where I can get one, or any other options would be great....Thanks"

Aluminum oxides quickly...espe

Aluminum oxides quickly...especally in salt water. Thats why the old raw water cooled marine engines came with them from the factory. I was told by Woody at Correct Craft not to use a aluninum one. Any of you guys used one before? What about other options? Any help would be GREAT
Thanks

Yea well the engines not going

Yea well the engines not going to be sitting in salt water I would hope. I mean I have aluminum all over my boat and it isn't a problem for me. I think maybe he means you don't want aluminum on an iron block. Have you checked the local junk yard?

"These folks helped me with a

"These folks helped me with a 351 reverse rotation damper. http://www.boatrecycling.com/

Fill out the request form or call. Good luck.

I'm not sure what my 351 timing cover is made of. Guess I'll look with a magnet. Might be chrome plated steel."

Back