Logo

Does anyone recognize this Force 15

rcunleashed

"I bought a boat today that ca

"I bought a boat today that came with an extra outboard. IT is missing the entire recoil assembly so I have been looking around to first try to determine the year and second find the parts it needs. I wont be able to get a serial number off of it until WED when I pick the boat up but thought maybe if I posted a picture someone might recognize it.

221596.jpg
force15

"Looks to be one of the early

"Looks to be one of the early models (somewhere between 84-87) at first glance.

Force was originally produced by Bayliner's U.S. Marine division. They bought out what was left of the bankrupt Chrysler Outboard division.

Bayliner was bought out by Brunswick (the parent company of Mercury among other makers) and Merc continued producing the motors well into the 90's using both discontinued Chrysler and discontinued Merc parts mostly.

Your model is probably close to 100% Chrysler parts which may or may not be difficult to find. Once you get the serial they can easily be looked up. This model will be identical to Sears models (Force built for Sears during that time frame as well), which may give you additional parts support..."

"I got the motor, Serial is 15

"I got the motor, Serial is 152F7A, 87 Model A?
It looks like I'm going to have a hard time getting the starter parts. The only thing there is the bottom bracket for the recoil. And the top bracket is unavailable everywhere I looked."

"Try EBAY as well. You will h

"Try EBAY as well. You will have a better chance fo finding a parts motor, i.e. licked up, etc.

May take some time to find so be patient!!
Bill"

I've been looking there an

I've been looking there and Craigslist as well. If anyone comes across a dead 84-87 9.9-15 force or sears let me know.
If I don't find one in the next couple months I may throw the powerhead on Ebay and turn it into an electric outboard.

Back