Logo

Simple beginner question

"at the prop----used to be at

"at the prop----used to be at pwr head,....and bia changed all that......now,u get what u pay for."

"so, my next question, I was l

"so, my next question, I was looking, and my 150 has the same powerhead as a 175 and a 200, the only other place that power could be made is in the foot pinion ratio, atleast I think, so, all I would have to do is swap gears in the foot, and have a 175, correct?"

Not an expert but I know some

Not an expert but I know some engines with the same block have different carbs/injectors to make more HP. Also higher compression due to different pistons or lower head space will give more HP. There is probably more to it than that but those are the differences I am aware of

"Probably different carbs, por

"Probably different carbs, porting, and exhaust dimensions. Not easy to change, but being a biker, I am surprised that someone doens't offer tuning for outboards."

"A new beginner regarding my 4

"A new beginner regarding my 45HP 1997 Yamaha Motor on a pontoon. My husband always took care of things, but when he passed, it is now on me. I know nothing about boats, motors and such. Can anyone tell me what mixture of gas and oil I would use? I have been looking on the net, but the things I have found I don't understand. I appreciate any help that I can get. Thanks."

Back