Logo

1987 bayliner with 23 liter engine

wmlaks

Regular Contributor
I am Looking at a 1987 bayline

I am Looking at a 1987 bayliner capri with a 2.3 liter ford engine I am trying to find out the horsepower rating of the engine and is there a website than can give the specifications of that old of a bayliner boat

"It was rated at 128HP at 5200

"It was rated at 128HP at 5200 rpm (it is a screamer)
What boat specs are you looking for?
If the boat is bigger than 17', you will not be happy with 128HP.
That 2.3 ford in a boat was a bad idea..there are a few crucial parts that are no longer available. The Cobra drive is not the most desireable either, but if it is in excellent shape and well maintained with new shift cables, it could be ok...
Unless it's on a nice trailer and the price is less than what the trailer is worth....keep looking.
A lot of people are negative about Bayliner, but I have no problem with their boats in general., but that engine ...another story"

I have checked over the hull t

I have checked over the hull transom floor boards checked the engine and out drive and as far as I can tell other than some tears in the upholstery the boat is in great shape I have looked at many others in the sae price range that were in terable shape. the boat is approx 16.5 feet long I colud not find any other nembers on the boat other than the hull number and the bayliner website does not go that old. the coast guard weight and cap. decal is issing from the boat and that is the information I would really like to Know.

I'm pretty sure if you sen

I'm pretty sure if you send Bayliner the HIN (hull number) in an email they can send you some of the info you are looking for or you can register on the BOC (Bayliner Owner Club) forum and ask the question there.

I sent bayliner the hull numbe

I sent bayliner the hull number and I still have not recieved a responce. Tried (bayliner owner club) for some reason I am unable to post on that site any other ideals on where to find information

Back