Logo

Which way to go

aluckyman

"Which way to go?

I bought

"Which way to go?

I bought a '98 Campion Victoria 797 w. a 350 EFI and Bravo-II. Several props later, top speed 30 @4500, gas mileage: 2mpg. Dealer telling me to move to a new "383 Stroker" and maybe a B-3. I need torque AND hp but can't take on a bigger (size-wise) engine because of space limits. Having a hard time finding Mercruiser hp/torque specs on the Internet. Price pt. ~$10k. Recommendations anyone? Thanks in advance!"

"DANA, the 383 stroker the dea

"DANA, the 383 stroker the dealer referred to is simply a 350[5.7] with a 400 chevy crank in it.The out side dimensions are the same.Depending on what cam,heads,and compression that is in the motor in question,these are real torque monsters.You can possibly reprop to take advantage of the torque and increase fuel mpg and speed.hope this helps with your question,anyone else got thoughts on this? TURBOMAN ROLLTIDE 11-0"

"Dana, the 383 has 350hp and 3

"Dana, the 383 has 350hp and 390ft/lbs of torque. I put one in my boat last spring and I love it. Good luck

Jeff"

"After dumping several grand i

"After dumping several grand into new engine and drive, how many years will it take to reealise a cost savings..if any?
Rule 1, if it works, dont fix it."

"I'm with Bill.

What w

"I'm with Bill.

What were the specs on the OEM prop, speed/RPMs? And what are you trying to accomplish? Your boat is a 7.97M or roughly 26 feet? That's a good size boat and probably heavy fully loaded for a SBC. Trying to go faster and you will be sucking a lot more fuel than 2MPGs."

Back