Logo

Mercruiser 62MPI stalling when hot

mossymoo

"MX6.2 2002, runs perfect when

"MX6.2 2002, runs perfect when cold, but stalls on, and returning to idle. Changed the Idle control valve but made no different. What could it be? What is the valve on the rocker end of the hose that goes between the rocker cover and Idle control valve, could this be at fault?"

"Not sure what you mean when y

"Not sure what you mean when you say "rocker end of the hose that goes to the Idle Control Valve". There are two hoses that connect to the IAC valve, one goes from the IAC to the throttle body, and the other goes from the IAC to the intake manifold.

Anyway, have you replaced the IAC muffler? How many hours on the engine? When was the last tune-up? The Desired Idle Speed on the 6.2 (at full operating temp) is 550RPM. Thats a pretty slow idle so it doesn't take much of a problem to stall it out."

"Yeah, I been using Diacom for

"Yeah, I been using Diacom for years, and I'm the one that originally posted the paper clip and LED trick on this site years ago, so I know what your talking about. Maybe the poster does not know that "plug that in" means connect a scan tool, and has no idea what to do with a paperclip, which, by the way, only works on GM MEFI based systems and not on ECM555 engines.

If you want to help, and not just increase your post count, take a second to explain and don't just post a cryptic one line reply."

Back