Logo

Changing rotation

T

tater_51

"Other than the camshaft, fron

"Other than the camshaft, front and rear seals, starter, is there any other changes to make for a conversion from standard to reverse rotation? I've also heard the crankshaft has to be changed. Any help appreciated. Thanks"

The crank does not have to be

The crank does not have to be changed. I have a new NLA cam and gearset if you need one.

"Thanks for the response. I h

"Thanks for the response. I had been told that the small grooves on the rear journal would been rotating in the wrong direction, thus forcing oil out, past the rear main, instead of inwards. Is the NLA camshaft and gearset for a 351 reverse rotation? Thanks"

"No, sorry, I'm in a BB Ch

"No, sorry, I'm in a BB Chevy mindset and it's for a 7.4. I'm not that up on Ford product so anyone with more knowledge regarding converting a Ford can chime in right here."

"I believe I read something li

"I believe I read something like that once got2runfast. You better look into it.

" I had been told that the small grooves on the rear journal would been rotating in the wrong direction, thus forcing oil out, past the rear main, instead of inwards.""

"The oil holes on the crank ma

"The oil holes on the crank main and rod journals are chamfered to allow oil to flow onto the bearing trailing the rotation of the crank. So as far as I know the cranks are the same, but you would need one that hasn't been chamfered, just drilled and have machinest lay down the oil hole. But I have never seen a crank just drilled.
hope this helps some
Ryan"

Back