Logo

1990 DT85 Need info

"New on the Suzuki discussion

"New on the Suzuki discussion board. I'm looking at picking up a used DT85. Here is all I know: one cylinder is low comp and it's still running, has pt/t. What does DT refer to? I've seen DF models mentioned. I'm an OMC guy so I'll ask related question like, is the VRO (OMC's version)similar, if so do many owners convert to standard fuel pumps and pre mix like OMC owners? Rebuild kits are they readily available? What is the approximate weight of this model? Anyone know if props from a 1983 70HP OMC would fit on this model (13 spline 14 x 17)? The 83' 70HP produces only 62HP at the prop and weighs in around 250lbs (with pt/t), so I'm hoping for a small gain in HP with little gain in weight. Your thoughts please! Thanks, Jeff"

"Just-in-Time, You seem to be

"Just-in-Time, You seem to be the Guru here. Question: is the 1985 DT85 powerhead interchangeable with a 1990 DT85 powerhead? Or are they completely different animals? If they are, are there any major notes I should possbily know? I found two people, one with the complete 1990 but with one cyl with low comp and the other is just the top half (no lower unit) but it is a 1985 model, so If I was to purchase both, I'd hope the 1985 powerhead could be used on the 1990 motor. Thanks for your advice / knowledge in advance, Jeff

Thanks, Jeff"

I have A 1989 dt85. no fire to

I have A 1989 dt85. no fire to the plugs. It has a gauge with three green lights that comes on when switch is turned on. The top two lights will not come on when I turn the switch on must be a electrical Can any one help me

Back