Logo

Repowering From 302 50 Ford to a 58L

sross

92' Chris Craft. Removing

92' Chris Craft. Removing a Ford 302 V8 5.0L OMC and replacing with a Ford 5.8L. Any special considerations or suggestions? Thanks. Steve

Thise two motors are different

Thise two motors are different in height--the 351 block is taller to accomodate the longer stroke. Most of the other sutff will interchange (I've been told).

Jeff

"Hi Jeff - Thanks for the resp

"Hi Jeff - Thanks for the response. Since I posted this request, I've talked to a bunch of people. The 302 swings a 17" prop and it appears I'll be able to get in the max rpm range for the 351 by going to a 19 or 21". I'm waiting to hear from the insurance company before this all goes into action. The thought of a Maine summer without time on the Atlantic makes me sick. I grew up on an island off the coast and have always been on the water. If all goes well, my truck and I will be making a trip to New Hampshire later this week to pick up that engine. Thanks again. Steve"

"Know what you're going th

"Know what you're going through, Steve. Blew the port engine in our boat a month ago and we too are waiting to hear from the insurance company. Been dying without my boat!

Jeff"

Back