View Full Version : 70 HP Force

11-12-2008, 02:15 PM
"What is the name of the long bolt that adjusts the trim on an outboard? It usually has a swivel end to release it for easy changing. The tilt/trim works great , but the bolt is missing and, when I bottom it out, I keep having to adjust for high speed."

11-13-2008, 04:48 AM
"George, most guys refer to it as the "tilt pin" however it actually called a "thrust rod".

Don't be surprised if a dealer tells you that they sell for over 100 bucks (ya - no kidding).

You can check places like ebay or do what I have done in the past. Just get the measurement of the hole and get yourself a piece of stainless rod. With a bit of piddling around to customize it, 20 bucks worth of rod works just fine "

11-13-2008, 02:10 PM
"Thank's, I found one on E-Bay."

11-13-2008, 02:33 PM
I may have one if the Ebay deal falls through.