Logo

351w tstat

oilslik

Contributing Member
"I cant seem to locate the pos

"I cant seem to locate the posts that discuss these. Anyone know offhand which tstats work for the 351w? Condition is this, she's running hot. Stat my be sticking, going to try a new one. If that doesnt fix it then it my be time employ an ACE(alternate cooling engineering)certified thermal equalizing system. Yea, I made that up."

"Any -stat from a say a 70-mid

"Any -stat from a say a 70-mid 80s truck with a windsor will fit/work. That being said I'm not sure the temp at which these are supposed to open. My boat runs at 120degrees and I've never looked to see if it even has one. The coldest -stat i can get or would run in my mustang is a 160degree. But all small block ford 289,302,351 windsor family motors take the exact same thermostat.
Ryan"

Actually a 351w runs best at 1

Actually a 351w runs best at 180. If the engine is FWC check the impeller in your raw water pump. In raw water systems in cold salt water you should run a 140 stat and change once a year.

"Yea, I've decided to go w

"Yea, I've decided to go with the 140. Because by the time it opens at 180 its to late to "start" cooling."

"I have a 140 in mine. In sum

"I have a 140 in mine. In summer, it runs at about 180-190 In winter, about 160. I just enjoy the ride and pay it no attention. 9 years now."

Back