Logo

Harvey 30 mercusier

I fixed the oil leak at least

I fixed the oil leak at least for a while . Redid upper end valvs new seats etc. I replaced eveything on engine practicaly. She runs great but still getting water in. I changed it 5 times still milky run about 15 min and get about 1/2 quart. Its not much but just wonder if pistons or timming could cause this.Everything else is good Compression is good idles smooth. I am baffled on this one oil 40 psi tmp 140 all is good can't figure this baby out.

cracked block. water jackets

cracked block. water jackets in the engine are leaking into the oil. This is just one possible way.

well don't just toss the e

well don't just toss the engine. You could have a bad head gasket or something relatively cheap.

"The head gasket is new. I did

"The head gasket is new. I did the whole upper end. Here is what i did so far
1. New exaust manifold.$289.00 This was the orginal problem and fixed water in oil. Had old exaust manifold pressure tested and it had a leak. Then water in oil represented itself. So what i am thinking i had several problems here damn you know what i mean.

2.Redid cylinder head! Had cylinder head checked and pressure tested.
This had two leaky valves. To fix problem had it pressure tested and valve job, new seats as well as resurfaced. cost $389.00 This did not correct water in oil problem but it did make it run smooth as glass. Ran in yard to check everything out but 15 min i get about 1/2 quart of water in oil. Changed oil 5 times to make sure i got all old milkyshit out but guess what no go. also left plug out for a day and water filled up container so it seems there is either a crack or it rusted out
3.So Now i am down to block. Took her apart again this time exaust ports were all dry. they were wet before and left container under oil pan for a DAY and it filled with water looks like its #4 when pulled head 4 looked a little wet so i am guessing this is the baby."

"wow, what a pain in the ass.

"wow, what a pain in the ass. best of luck. I didn't realize how much water in the oil we were talkn about here."

"Yep it sure is!My son is comm

"Yep it sure is!My son is comming over tomorrow and i am going to lift the block out remove oil pan an fill the water ports to see if I can find the leak. Then hopefully i can have it machined, if not have to find a new block. I just hate to spend $2400.00 on new block if i can have this one remachined and sleved not sure yet. I will let you know how it goes just glad i caught problem. Was hoping after i did cylinder head my problems would of been solved."

Back