Logo

70 HP chrysler losing power at wot

waddells

"I am losing power at wot but

"I am losing power at wot but only after the motor has had time to heat up. Ignition system has been replaceddown to the spark plugs and leads, no probs with fuel lines through to the carbs. The only thing i can see odd is the water coming out is hot. hot enough to be uncomfortable to hold. I was just wondering if it is worth while to rebuild the cooling system or if that even has any bearing on the problem as stated before. I love my chrysler but i and just starting to wonder if its all worth it. Its a 700 skier and whenits a WOT it is FLYING!, just want it back at that"

"If the cooling water is anyth

"If the cooling water is anything hotter than "warm" you need to at minimum, replace the impeller or all those nice new ignition parts are going to fry unless of course you weld a piston before it gets hot enough to cook the electrical."

"thanks for the insight, now j

"thanks for the insight, now just gotta buy the parts i suppose, id be better off putting a kit through it plus a new thermostat rather than just the impeller plus a new thermostat? just sucks that i gotta get my parts from the us and gotta pay so much because our dollar has halved."

"Try [url=""]www.tinytach.com[

"Try www.tinytach.com Purchased mine for a 50hp Force there and it works great. As far as a temp gauge, any manual gauge from an auto parts store will work if you have a tap in the water jacket to screw into. I did have a 1/2 inch water plug I removed to use."

Back