Logo

Marine lube

waylon

"I am installing a new water p

"I am installing a new water pump on my alpha one gen 2 drive. The service manual calls for applying a marine lubricant 2-4-C with teflon to the impeller to help with the install. I cant find this stuff. Can I use white lithium grease, or even some lower unit gear lube instead? Is there anything special about that lube?"

Do not use grease.

The grea

Do not use grease.

The grease is only used on seal lips not on the impeller itself. Besides the new style impeller installs way too easy compared to the older style. They have soft rubber and flex very easily.

Just make sure to spin the main vertical shaft in a clockwise direction when pushing the cover housing over the impeller.

"Ok, thanks. Also, the water t

"Ok, thanks. Also, the water tube coupling has a notch cut out in it. Does this go to the front of the drive or to the rear facing towards the prop? My fill wall slid out when the lower was removed. One side has a X on it and the other doesn't. Any ideas on which way the X faces? My dealer says that they aren't for sure but that they always face the X towards the front of the boat."

Back