Logo

Deck boat stuck in mud

usafvet

"My buddy has a deck boat that

"My buddy has a deck boat that got beached in the mud during the warm months due to lack of rain, now he wants to get it winterized, and its still stuck. What are some of the things we can do ourselfs to try to keep if from cracking the block and ruining the outdrive, Its a 4cyl merc.Any help would be great, Thanks in advance."

"Buy a case of beer and get a

"Buy a case of beer and get a couple of chairs and sit there with your buddy and drink all the beers and stare at the boat while drinking the beers.

Next, beat the snought out of him for being so stupid and lazy that he would allow this to occurr.

Next, just wip it out and piss on the boat and walk away and let him figuire it out!

JMHO"

drain the block and exhaust ma

drain the block and exhaust manifold; install sufficient antifreeze and add fuel stabilizer but don't waste the money on the fuel if it's old; pump it out.

"He might be able to get the d

"He might be able to get the drive up with a water hose, i.e., liquify the mud and carefully lift the drive. Trying to lift the drive out on the power trim with the mud set may damage the lift pistons... This happened to me when my 25 Bertram soft top got its drives driven into the mud when a storm drove the water out of the river and left the boat hull in the mud in a slip that normally had 4 feet of water in it at low tide. I had to get the drives up before the tide changed and risk sinking the boat."

I don't think I could poss

I don't think I could possibly provide any helpful information without seeing a picture.

"Well thanks to those of you t

"Well thanks to those of you that had some helpfull tips. Will try winterizing the block, but I guess the outdrive will just have to go it on its own."

And if the tide come up high e

And if the tide come up high enough he'll need a new engine...if that hasn't happened already.

"We got the engine winterized,

"We got the engine winterized, we used Rv antifreeze and poured it thru a large funnel when the engine was running on the muffs. It pumped out the water out of the block. Could not drain the outdrive, will just to have hope luck is on our side and it rains soon."

Only thing wrong with that Tod

Only thing wrong with that Todd is that unless the engine was warm enough and the t-stat was open you may not have gotten antifreeze to all parts of the engine. Normally you would drain the water out first then pour antifreeze in the large hose by the t-stat to get it into the block and also into the smaller hoses going to the manifolds to get those too. I don't think you can safely leave your drive stuck in the mud. Things shift as the ground and water freeze and you stand a great chance in damaging it.

We had the t-stat removed befo

We had the t-stat removed before we used the RV pink that way the motor would not have to run any longer then needed. Then we poured some in the housing before we reinstalled the T-stat. Were hoping the lake will fill up soon then we will pull the boat out and re winterize her again. Thanks alot.

"We just got the deck boat out

"We just got the deck boat out today. It is In Indiana, private lake where someone opened the Lake drain to drawl it down to kill the shad fish. That is why the boat got stuck, had to wait for the owners to bring the trailer and the keys. We removed the T-stat then ran some 4 gallons of the RV Pink thru the block. Then drained the block and drained and check the outdrive. So Will hope we got to it intime."

Back