Logo

Connecting navman chartplotter to d4 engine

larson_274

"I want to connect my Navman c

"I want to connect my Navman chartplotter to the evc computer so that i can have speed and mileage readouts in the tach. The manuel says it is possibel to transfer the nmea data between the two, but nothing about how, can anyone help?"

"Yes, the later Navman is NMEA

"Yes, the later Navman is NMEA 2000 compatible but thr D4 is J1939 canbus and they don't speak the same language, you need the Volvo converter which plugs into the ECU and converts the J1939 to NMEA 2000 and the Navman cable from that to your plotter. I did this with the Ramarine C120 and it was plug and play. I also took the oportunity to fit an NMEA2000 backbone at the same time using devicenet cabling and plugs.By the way I sourced the Volvo converter in the States at a quarter of the UK price, I imagine Danish prices will be just as mad as UK"

"Hello David,
would you pleas

"Hello David,
would you please post info about the parts you used to connect the NMEA2000 twistlock connector in the Volvo interface to your C-series Display? I need to connect it to a C70. I already have the Volvo interface but don't know if I can connect it directly to the Seatalk2 connector in my C70 or I do need a full NMEA2000 network.

By the way, did you use Y-split cable to connect the adapter to the volvo engine or there is some way to connect it directly? (I have a Volvo D1-20B; I don't know if the EVC unit has just one connector, which is used by Volvo display fitted outside, or there is some hidden second connector for extras like the NMEA2000 interface)
Thanks for any help,
Ignacio"

Back