Logo

b90 6 hp water pump no flow

brucee2

"I replaced a impeller due to

"I replaced a impeller due to no flow. I found bits of an old impeller stuck in the housing, cleaned it out but still no flow. The water drips out the exit tube. I used the wash out hole and a hose and only slightly better flow from the exit tube. I don't know where to look or how to test. Do I use compressed air into the exit tube?
The motor looks like it never was used or in the water. The chopped up impeller bits puzzle me and the impeller I replaced looked new. Someone worked on it and ebayed it to me. I used it about an hour before the water stopped flowing. It wasn't squiting out very strong and the seller sent a fresh impeller with the motor. I am stumped but can guess there are some bits clogging the flow. How to fix?
Thanks"

Most of the time when this kin

Most of the time when this kind of thing happens is when the engine was turned on with no water or very little water. The impeller gets hot and literally melts into pieces and get clogged in the water intake system. The only thing that you can do is trace the water intakes all over your engine and unclog them. If you need help get or buy a manual for your motor. You can always borrow one from the nearest library if they have it.

I am going to try blasting air

I am going to try blasting air through the exit tube and see if any scraps fall out of the tube at the impeller housing. The bottom is clear so I suspect a clog above the impeller housing. I have two books for yamaha motors but they cover a range of motors and not my motor specific.
I will try to snake some wire up and blast with air.
thanks

Back