Logo

Lancer 23 235 V8

dplazesk

"I recently aquired a 1972 Chr

"I recently aquired a 1972 Chris Craft lancer 23. It has the original engine 235 v-8. I was told by my mechanic it was a v-drive(maybe not correct terminology) and not a straight inboard, Did they do this? It is a straight inboard drive now.

I purchased boat/engine with broken mechanical fuel pump and the previous owner added electric one. Since then I went back to mecanical fuel pump.

Also, Any more info on engine would be appreciated. In addition, I am looking to purchase the owners manual or find out more info. Thanks and Cheers. David"

It is more than likely it was

It is more than likely it was a straight inboard originally. What is the hull number should be something like ORA-23-xxxx or similar.

"I own a 1969 23 ft Lancer I/O

"I own a 1969 23 ft Lancer I/O (inboard/outboard).
It originally came with a 185HP 283 CID engine and a Volvo 250 Drive (presently a 260HP 5.7L FWC Merc in front of a 280 Volvo drive). I also have the owner's manuals for the boat. One is a "generic" ChrisCraft manual, the other covers the engine and the third the I/O drive. There is no such thing as a "Lancer Owner's Manual" so far as I know. There is not a whole lot of info on the engine in the engine manual. Yours is very likely a 327 Chevvy based engine. I remember reading somewhere that there were a small number of "V" drive boats made, but I could be mistaken, in any event it is unlikely that the boat would have been converted from "V" drive to straight inboard."

Back