Logo

Kamd 300 compressor

permit4u

My compressor is blowing fuse

My compressor is blowing fuse checked with meter and showing 1.2ohm. think a short in electromagnetic clutch. was running at 2700 rpm then lost power to 1800 rpm. thought turbo would have kept me on plane since compressor shuts down after 2800 rpm is reached is this normal to loose power even though i was on plane? thanks for help phil

"Phil,
The turbo should take

"Phil,
The turbo should take over, but as soon as the rps dip below 2800 the turbo will start to loose boost and without the supercharger to give the intial surge you wont get the engine to produce enough exhaust gas to spool the turbo. Its always worth going over all the hoses thoroughly and checking for splits etc."

"agreed. You should be running

"agreed. You should be running at about 3200 rpm. The compressor is not designed for constant duty, therefore running at the speed youre running at will make youre compressor stay on. Another option is to install a manual override which consists of a switch you can use to shut the compressor clutch off at will. Its not that simple though, there is some "fancy" wiring involved.. a competant volvo dealer should be able to help you out."

Back