Logo

25L swap out

4main

"I have a 84 Sea Sprite CC Mar

"I have a 84 Sea Sprite CC Mark III with a 2.5L OMC that is blown. I'm planing to replace with same (2.5L) 151 but the 3.0L 181 is the same block, hp is the diferance otherwise. This is mounted to a OMC StrenDrive Unit not Cobra whitch came out in 85-86. Can I remove and replace engine without removing outdrive or transom sections?"

I have a 1985 sea Sprite with

I have a 1985 sea Sprite with a 3.0 L In the book I have the 2.5 & 3.0 are covered under the same part numbers for parts for the stren drive. So I would say they must be the same.

Frank

"Frank

What can you tell me

"Frank

What can you tell me on removing the motor. Can the motor at the flywheel, be unbolted without removing the outdrive?"

From what I understand Yes it

From what I understand Yes it can But it's alot easer to pull the outdrive. Then you can check the ( what I call the ball joint ) at the end of the drive shaft. And the outdrive is quite easy to take off.

Frank

"All it's time to get star

"All it's time to get started on the swap-out on 84 Mark III Sea Sprite. Will pick up 2.5 replacement motor 1 March and make quick change as it's complete with trim motors (keeping all old parts). I have no brosures or any type of pictures of how rear seat area looked and would like to restore as the motor cover was the only thing in rear area with one set of rails on one side. I assume that it would second as a deck lounge like my Bayliner does. Also looks like it had hatch that a top could be stored under. Would anyone have pictures to show how it may have looked in orignal condition or your setup. may be of grate help. Have OMC Stern Drive Manual for year model.

Thanks in advance.
249315.jpg
84 Sea Sprite"">
249316.jpg
Sea Sprite

Hi Montez
Got your e-mail I w

Hi Montez
Got your e-mail I will take some pitures of my boat this weekend. It is still tucked it It is still winter here. ( snow today ) but I will take tarp off take some pitures then put it back to bed.

Back