Logo

Manofold OMC 75

M

Michael Mascellaro

I am looking for manifolds and

I am looking for manifolds and risers for a 1987 OMC 7.5 King Cobra (Ford 460 block)

Thanks
Mike

Good luck Mike. My Dad has the

Good luck Mike. My Dad has the 460 and the dumb ass from the marina was standing on them to change a different part on the boat. Fortunately they did not crack. My dad was telling the story to a guy at a OMC dealer who basically said he was very lucky that they did not crack because they are next to impossible to find. Try Ebay.

"Mike, if you find them let me

"Mike, if you find them let me know. I have Chrysler/Ford 460 inboards. Chrysler used the block when they stopped making the 440. Had their own exhaust manifolds made with no aftermarket manufacturer. Replaced originals with OMC several years back, but they were raw water cooled. Had to rebuild engines and could not locate either Chrysler or OMCs.

Found a marine racing outfit in California that makes billet aluminum adapters for the 460 block that allows bolting 454 exhaust manifolds. Not the best solution, but better than deep sixing the motors. Needed to protect plug wires due to the fact that adapters get quite hot.

Let us know what you find.

Gene"

Back