Logo

PMC 302 Backfires under Load

cheetah68hh

I have a 1968 Century with a P

I have a 1968 Century with a PCM 1970 302 in it. I ran ok last year. The only thing done was to have the distributor rebuild by Mallory. I have put it back in lined up with No 1 TDC and check all the wires at least 5 time. Any idea's.

Also need a reverse rotation harmonic damper. Anyone know where to find one.

There are two firing orders fo

There are two firing orders for the ford 302. Be sure you are using the right one. Use the HO engine firing order.

The firing order for the standard 5.0L is: 1-5-4-2-6-3-7-8. The firing order for the HO engine is: 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8

"I see that you have a PCM 302

"I see that you have a PCM 302 also. I have a PCM and I am in a desperate search for the gears inside the outdrive that allow the motor to turn the propeller. I have searched and searched with no luck and I am at my wits end! If you or you know of anyone that may have these gears or an entire outdrive that will fit, please contact me asap!! I need HELP!! These PCM motors are extremely hard to finds parts for, at least in SC anyway! In case you need it, my boat info is as follows: 1987 Sunliner w/ a PCM 302 V-8, Thanks for your time and I look forward to hearing from you!! Lisa"

"Lisa Wishert,
If you are sti

"Lisa Wishert,
If you are still in need of PCM parts for your boat, check with this vendor http://www.marineexhaustmanifolds.com/ This guy is the Guru of PCM. His business is very close to where I live, so when I need parts I go in person to pick them up. Very nice and informative individual. Always has whatever I need on the shelf. Good luck!

Bananas!"

Back