Logo

1977 super sport

walloon

Dose anyone know where to get

Dose anyone know where to get steering cable for a 1977 super sport. also can the boat handle the engine being suped up.

Any luck with this? I own a

Any luck with this? I own a 77 Supersport that we bought when I was a teen and I am renovating it now.

I just bought a 77 super sport

I just bought a 77 super sport this summer and i need to do some work on it any ideas for parts catalogs or service manuals.

"Wow, other FRP SS owners. No

"Wow, other FRP SS owners. Not wanting to infringe on your thread, but Mark Weller's questions is important. I too have a 1977 SS w/a 305K inboard. I need to get a starter for her. I think it's a right-hand rotation motor. Does anyone know if the starter is right or left hand rotation?"

I have the 305k in my 1982 251

I have the 305k in my 1982 251 Catalina Express and and it is a right hand turning engine.

Yes the starter is either righ

Yes the starter is either right or left hand for the coresponding engine. The 305K should not be hard to find or have rebuilt just need to know which engine you have look up the serial number on the exhaust manifold or wherever Chris craft put it for that year on my 75 350Q its on the exhaust manifold.

"The starter(black)is

"The starter(black)is mounted on the bell housing next to the transmission. If the engine is right hand what direction is this starter? All your help is greatly appreciated.
248825.jpg
305K starter

"If the engine is a right hand

"If the engine is a right hand engine, the starter is also right hand. My starter is also mounted on the bell housing and every couple of years I have to remove it as the bendix rusts in place on its shaft. It should not be to hard to find a shop that rebuilds starters. To rebuild my starter, it usually costs about $75.00 as opposed to $300+ for a new starter."

Back