Logo

1962 chris craft cavalier

62_cavalier

hello all great site im just a

hello all great site im just about to get involved in the marine boat world because i inherited a 1962 cc cavalier 30 ft with 2 chev v8 power and it looks like a basic planetary forward/reverse band trans twin screw.its a cool family boat but the motors are gone lucky still have all nec parts just need 2 new long blocks and manifolds.i hope someone has some info possibly photo of engine aera to see what it looks like together eeeek!idid not dissasemble but my dad is now gone so i need some help to find out what i have.iknow i engine is reverse rotation and 1 forward the trans is on the front of block so i could use info and ideas to complete boat.thank you for all response or comments. g.hartley

"those are most likely a pair

"those are most likely a pair of 283 Chevy small blocks, and they are good ones with steel cranks. I was VERY surprised at a recent experience with a project boat, the darn motor not only ran, it is still running well, and it looked like a rusted and corroded boat anchor.

I have a 327F in one speedboat, and a 283 just like yours in another. Send info, we'll help if we can.

Regards.,

Paul"

"thank you for a fast response

"thank you for a fast response paul,im presently pricing 2 new 350 chev engines to transplant in place of 283 which are both gone.i really need some pics of the same layout of the engine compartment so i can reassemble properly.both engines have the trans on the front of engine and distributor is in stock location and tach is driven off front of cam special gear on cam gear i hope this system is somewhat common so its not to odd.i could use a suggestion to find new exhaust manifolds which were rear exit not a center dump style this boat will only see fresh water from now on and its fresh water cooling system and i have 2 pumps belt driven with 3 hose outlet im sure ther original and need rebuilt...also if i can find a manual for the transmisson which is planetary drive with reverse band nice and simple but i need to know what type of oil in trans still have 6 months winter to get through just want to get parts and info to get it right
snow.gif
well thanks for your time im eager to read any more info available and ill work on some pics of the"menahunie" thank you g. hartley"

I also have a cavalier I just

I also have a cavalier I just purchased and am in need of some help? I need the firing order for my 350k motors one right hand and one left? HELP!!!!

350K firing order is as follow

350K firing order is as follows
LH or std rotation 1-2-7-5-6-3-4-8 port motor
RH or rev rotation 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2 stbd motor
both distributors rotate CW looking down from top
timing is 4 deg for single point dist
8 deg for dual point dist
If you want the manual for it contact me in private msg.

Back