Logo

Help Please replacing OMC 57 V8 Chevy 280hp Engine

beachin

"<font color=""ff0000""><font

"<font color=""ff0000""><font face=""arial,helvetica""></font>I need help separating the motor from the outdrive. Undid all bolts on bell housing, it separates a good three inches or so but just won't release from outdrive. The one I'm taking out is a 260hp in case that matters.

Or does anyone know of an online manual. I searched for that but kept getting a broken link. I am asking for my B.F. so please help us out!
snow.gif
</font>}"

"I'm assuming you've r

"I'm assuming you've removed the trim rams from the drive and the 6 nuts holding the drive to the transom mount? What you can try is using a block of wood, manually lift up the drive, slide the block of wood up under the drive and then lower the drive using the wood as a wedge to give you some leverage."

there's an online manual a

there's an online manual at the top of this page - look up and right.

You have to remove the outdrive before removing the engine.

"Thanks, we got it out. I was

"Thanks, we got it out. I was hoping for a free like PDF online manual. I bought a Chevy Seloc manual already and then found out it needed to be an OMC so spending more money on that right now isn't a priority. Paid $1800 for an engine and the rest of the parts purchased came to about $800!!! So my boyfriend won't spring $39 for a manual, doesn't make much sense to me!!!"

Back