Logo

140 wont take fuel

B

billyd papaw

it will idel fine but when you

it will idel fine but when you give it fuel it stalls out can some one help please

i replace the filter today it

i replace the filter today it didnt help. it will idel fine just when you give it fuel it just dies out kind a got me stumped i checked the points an timeing an its not a sparke plug problum i just dont know i will take any help i can get thanks

"When is the last time the fla

"When is the last time the flame arrestor was cleaned?

With the motor off and the flame arrestor removed, move the throttle lever through its range, looking for a squirt of fuel, even near full throttle. Another thing that could cause this is a bad accelerator pump diaphragm. If the problem ocurs on the trailer too, remove the flame arrestor and squirt a little gas into the carb. I use a mustard bottle for this, but be careful and make sure to have a fire extinguisher nearby. This test will tell you if you have too much or too little gas getting in to the intake. Too little will cause the motor to run better and too much will kill it faster."

thanks but that was the frist

thanks but that was the frist thing that i tryed it is getting plenty of fuel new accelerator pump i just rebuilt the carb an still have the same problum like i said i have tryed every thing that i can think of but thanks any way

"Has it overheated recently? T

"Has it overheated recently? There may be a flapper in the exhaust and if it sticks, you'll have problems."

if it dies when giving it juic

if it dies when giving it juice in gear then it could be the cutout switch. If its in neutral then it could be a bunch of things.

"Your accelerator pump inside

"Your accelerator pump inside the carb may be bad. Also, there is a hole somewhere near the accelerator pump (below it I think) which draws gas back in below the pump after it is pressed. It draws gas from the float bowl. This hole may be clogged. Spray a stream of carb cleaner through this hole using the straw that come with the carb cleaner. Stand back when you do this or the spray may spray you after it breaks through the clogged port."

"I forgot to mension how to ch

"I forgot to mension how to check it. With the motor idling, very slowly increase the idle speed. If RPMs increases smoothly by increasing the idle speed slowly but not quickly, then this may be an indication of a malfunctioning accelerator pump. The accelerator pump is for fast acceleration, obviously."

Back