Logo

Omc swap

jaxx54

"just saw yor message on the b

"just saw yor message on the back door, now i get it,just a nebee here, know what you are saying, i`ll use the front door, thanks now i have not started to swap my inline 6 omc, the motor has water in the oil & i took the valve cover off & its the same milky, would like to know is there a way to tell if i have a cracked block or bad head gasket,i bought the boat this way & all i know is that it got hot & overheated, what i have been gathering from here is id be better to swap motors, any info would be great, jaxx"

"Ayuh,....

Block off all of

"Ayuh,....

Block off all of the Blocks cooling passages,+ pressurize it with Air,....
Then follow the sound of leaking air,.. It'll lead you to either the Cracked block, or the blown headgasket...
Removing the sparkplugs will allow you to find which cylinder is bad, If it's the headgasket..."

"ok great we`ll give it a shot

"ok great we`ll give it a shot, when i got the boat & motor the guy had no idea what happen, it just over heated & it did turn over after that but real slow, now it just clicks, won`t turn over, should i start at the starter? he said the 3`` exhaust host broke, but how could that be the problem ? thanks again"

Back