Logo

Tilt goes up but not down What the

"when attempting to go down, w

"when attempting to go down, what do you hear?

a) silence
b) a click
c) the trim pump running but no movement"

"Using the wiring diagram at t

"Using the wiring diagram at this link for reference look in the middle area for the tilt/trim circuit. If you don't even hear a click from the down solenoid but up works then you know that the fuse is ok so it could be the down part of the switch or the down solenoid or even a broken wire in between. Using a meter or a test light put it on the input green wire on the down solenoid and see if you have 12v when pushing the down switch. If no power you need to follow it back, if there is power then it could be a bad solenoid or missing ground.

http://www.selocmarine.com/content/manuals/3404/pdf/340410w151.pdf"

"Also keep in mind that if thi

"Also keep in mind that if this boat sees minimal use it could be from just sitting. I encountered the same issue with mine and I eventually got it to raise and lower without issue. I just kept trying to raise/lower it until it started working smoothly. I was worried about burning the contacts or solenoids out but I was told to not worry about it in this case. Just make sure your battery is fully charged when doing this.

One thing I have learned is that 30 years old or even just 3 or 4 years old, boats will develop possibly very frustrating problems just from sitting and lack of use. Not sure if thats the cause in your case but it was for me."

"one cool the BIA did when des

"one cool the BIA did when designating trim system wire colours is Blue = sky, Green = grass. so you'll know which wire is for up and which one for down. Whether on the low current side of the relays, or the high current side the blue and green thing follows through."

Back