Logo

1993 90 HP Johnson Appears to be running hot

perk

"At idle the water coming from

"At idle the water coming from the tell-whole is cold. After shutting down the motor , I am able to hold my hand on the block for more than a few seconds. But the motor just seems to be running hotter than other O.B. motors I have owned. I have checked the compression & all is well. I want to check if the thermostat is working , but need to know the location. And the temp. rating of replacement thermostat. Thanks Mike"

"The thermostats usually open

"The thermostats usually open at about 143°/148° so you can count on the engine running slightly hotter than that.

After shutting the gnine down, the cooling water quickly drains out of the powerhead, resulting in a increase in the heat of the powerhead rather quickly.

There are slots/holes just above and to the rear of the cavitation plate. Water exists those holes/slots when the thermostats open, and not before."

i have a 1993 omc 115 hp salt

i have a 1993 omc 115 hp salt water and am trying to get it to run on plane it has a 13/38 x 17 prop on it and is pushing a wellcraft hull of 16' there are two knurled nobs at the front left of the motor the top one is the idle and low rpm while the bottpm is the higher rpm I believe. If this is the case which direction do I turn the adjustment knobs we are in the process of putting on a tachometer so right now we are just trying to get it up on plane thanks

Back