Logo

1990 175 with Fuel Delivery Issue

caryhey

"I couldn't find this spec

"I couldn't find this specific problem listed and I don't have any more ideas. I have this engine on a Ranger and it runs fine until it gets warm. Good top end, good idle ect. After a couple of runs it begins to hard start. In other words, I have to prime it again and again and it needs to be started at high idle. Even then, it will still quit as soon as I put it in gear. On occasion it will quit at high speed. Here's what I've tried so far.
New plugs, fuel filter, bulb, fuel pump gaskets, fresh gas and new water separator.
When I do get it started and I'm idling, the only way I can keep it going is to occasionally click the primer switch up and the rpm will immediately jump. I do notice that the bulb does not stay hard for some reason. Could it be that I have a bad seal in the fuel line or something?

Regards,
CH"

"When the engine is running, t

"When the engine is running, the fuel primer bulb does not remain hard..... this is normal.

Try pumping the fuel primer bulb, acting as a manual fuel pump to see if this eliminates the problem."

"Thanks for the quick response

"Thanks for the quick response guys. I like the idea of trying a separate fuel tank to check pressure. What equipment will I need for that job and how to I ID the proper pressures/vacuum readings?
Joe, I should have said that my bulb never reaches a "hard" feel. It always feels half full and I can pump it."

Back