Logo

5hp gearcase

J

jack brown

i got a 5hp nissan it has a ve

i got a 5hp nissan it has a very badly damaged gearcase all the gears are shot this motor was given to me by my brother anybody have a used one

"no,but I have the same pos a

"no,but I have the same pos a friend gave me lol
probally just to frustrate me..it's got ignition problems that parts are more than the thing is worth.I put 10 buck's in it so far and that is my limit..you'd be wise to spend your money on a
running rig than fix that one...."

hey chabear there not a pos u

hey chabear there not a pos unless badily abused there very reiliable engines when run trust me its worth fixing if a 5hp is what you need i got an idea chabear if your not going to fix your why dont you sell it to jack so you get your money back and its out of your hair

or jack could sell me his? or

or jack could sell me his? or we could meet somewhere and build one out of the two and go fishin'

"not trying to be smart but

"not trying to be smart but for real if yours has good compression and isnt covered in corrosion there worth fixing the one the girl gave me i put new exicter coil,ignition coil,carb kit,and a head gasket in it and i have never looked back i use it more than anything fishin aux duty its gotten me home everytime and its a welded up franken motor but it beats the 5 in ever catorgory here ill show it may look like junk but it aint http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o227/starshipdukeboy/DSC_0014-1.jpg""

"yep,that's the beast...mi

"yep,that's the beast...mine is getting no fire,I
tried another ignition coil(used) still nothing
and the exciter coil is around 50.00 then it could also be the trigger coil,cd control box.....
part's aint cheap and nor knowing anything about the rest of it well..kinda iffy there....sorry
to original poster,did'nt mean to hijack your thread....."

i doubt its a trigger never ha

i doubt its a trigger never had to change one it only makes 3 volts 5hps usally ate charge coils if you can find one its worth a shot if not it the cdi can you do a compression test if so do mines around 90 psi or so check the gear oil if it clean dont worry about it turn the powerhead slowily listen for any weird noises put your ear up to the carb and listen for the suction if all these check out you should be fine if its covered in corrosion and look terrrible your probaly right but if it in simular condition as mine id try to fix it that is if you need it if moneys tight which it usally is and you have something else your probaly right but do keep it even it its complete junk its a good parts motor they are a dime a dozen one of our most popular sellers back in the day. if your curious about what kind of sppeed youll get from it mine does about 20 with me and 3 gallons of gold in a ten foot john factories a little slower probaly around 19 or so there pretty powerful

"thank's, acually the unit

"thank's, acually the unit look's in very good condition,clean etc. havent done a compression check with a gauge,but it pulls over good,sound's
good,can feel strong compression with my finger in spark plug port. I found a "junk" yard that
has a exciter coil for $ 30 if I pull it,but I can get a new one for about $65 so.....I did see new one on ebay that look's like the one I have but it's for a mercury mariner 5hp...wonder if it would work hmmm...."

"On either of those two 5hp ni

"On either of those two 5hp nissans, I need a simple part so if either of you, Jack Brown or Chabear wish to part out your outboard please let me know

Thanks
JSB"

Back