Logo

Two Yamaha 150bs outboards under salt water

hubert

I bought a boat in a auction m

I bought a boat in a auction mid sept.08 It was under salt water for four days.It has 2 150 yamaha two strokes. I removed spark plug. water was in two holes. Is there water in the base ? Is there a drain ? what should I do ?

I think you are looking to buy

I think you are looking to buy two motors.The manuals clearly state that for the motors this is an EMERGENCY. By now you have rusted / damaged precision roller and ball bearings and scrap motors. The manuals say get motor running or dismantled within 3 to 6 hrs.From 40 years experience!

yeah your pretty much well don

yeah your pretty much well done you could probaly get reman powerheads i think the gearcase would be fine there sealed as far as the wiring depends ignition components are probaly fine charging system and electric start probaly shot anything that had power on its done so starter soliniod done as far as the start needs to be rebuilt i think you could save mioney and keep the more powerful 2 strokes if you put reman powerheads and fixed whats broke new motors are 4 stroke or dfi two two stroke which both have computers and very complex sink one of them and you might as well replace them

Back