Logo

40bS VINTAGE JEEPKERMATH ENGINE

tom_h

My friend just acquired a 4 cy

My friend just acquired a 4 cyl jeep engine with kermath transmission and gauges. The engine turns freely and is complete including driveline and prop. It came out of an approx 14' wooden boat. It was original to that boat. He would like to find technical data on this unit. Also availability of Kermath parts. I saw an ad for this engine and it was rated at 61 horsepower. He is a retired mechanic and would like to go through the engine and trans as a project to sell. He would like to find out where to find potential buyers and a value. Any info would be appreciated

"Very interesting.
I have thi

"Very interesting.
I have this same marine engine, it was in a 27' lifeboat hull that I had some 35 years ago.
The engine was shot, so I found a 40s Jeep and bought the engine to use with the marine manifold ans trans. Have had too many other boat projects going to get this in another hull, but I have all the parts to do it. The trans is a reduction gear about 3:1 , it swung a very large prop.
I may be interested in the engine if the owner wishes to part with it in the future.
All the engine parts are the same as a 40s Jeep, the only difference I found was that the crankshaft is cut off shorter where the trans gears are pressed on, and the end is drilled to allow engine oil to feed the transmission. This is a sweet little motor, have fun working on it."

Back