Logo

Yamaha F115TXRC floods after running at cruise speed

J

John Mangan

"I have a 2004 F115TXRC Yamaha

"I have a 2004 F115TXRC Yamaha that floods and stalls at idle speed, in gear, after running at cruise speed. Can anyone clue me in as to what may be causing this. Just bought the boat, a 19' May Craft CC, and first couple of times out had no problems. After first time out, filled tank with gas and added sta-bil. Motor ran fine on second outing. Acted up on third outing. Gas I added was 10% ethanol. Owners manual says boat will be OK with it."

"Just wanted to add to this po

"Just wanted to add to this posting that fuel drips from the air intact at idle now, so obviously is getting too much fuel. Could float be stuck?"

They call it the float chamber

They call it the float chamber ass. at parts.yamaha-motor.com. Is that what you refer to as the VST tank?

"Could that be the problem, ya

"Could that be the problem, ya think? Looks like I'll need to take the intake manifold off to get to it."

"After doing some research, I

"After doing some research, I am looking at the pressure regulator as a possible culprit. Any comments from the experts?"

"I don't have a fuel press

"I don't have a fuel pressure gauge , but do have a vacuum gauge. The book says it should be 41-44 psi at the schraeder fitting on the fuel rail. How would I determine the vacuum reading it should have?"

"OK. I'll get a pressure g

"OK. I'll get a pressure gauge. Do you think I'm on the right track, considering the syptoms, looking at the pressure regulator, or should I be looking at the ECM, or something else, instead?"

"Another symptom I should ment

"Another symptom I should mention is when I checked the spark plugs, they were all black, one on the bottom was wet."

oil is not overfull. The exces

oil is not overfull. The excess fuel appeared to be dripping out the air intake. Am also exploring the throttle position sensor as a possible culprit. Opinion?

Back