Logo

Hydraulic Tilt accessory for b73 Johnson

markm

"Hello. The hydraulic tilt un

"Hello. The hydraulic tilt unit fitted to my 50ESL73R motor is not developing enough lift. It worked well enough last season but has become less efficient. The motor runs fine but the piston can't lift the motor. Neither will it lower itself. I can't see evidence of an oil leak and I'm wondering if I blew a seal by accelerating while the motor was still tilted? Any thoughts? Also, are kits still available for these units. I can't see any id marks in obvious places so I don't even know made the units. Your help would be appreciated. Thank you."

Mark: I had the same trouble w

Mark: I had the same trouble with my tilt unit for the first time in 10 years on my 73. i found the allen head screw that is for the upper oil level and topped off the unit with spome power steering fluid and now it works normally. try dat.

"spome? [img][/img]"

"spome?
"

"I have a 73 with no power til

"I have a 73 with no power tilt assy.
are they still available and/ or will one work fror a different size motor? Also, what is needed to install, brackets, etc."

"[url=""]http://cgi.ebay.com/e

"http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970s-EVINRUDE-JOHNSON-TILT-TRIM-ASSEMBLY_W0QQite mZ4649855304QQcategoryZ50439QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i found a tilt trim assy on e bay;.....but according to local guru's a 71-73 evinrude 50-65 hp. will not accept a trim unit due to its design. Although people have installed tilt units as was the case with mine. i bought it with a dremel tool special. somebody made one fit. works good...of course i want MORE....like trim@!!!! Is trim possible for these motors?!!!"

"I'll definitely check and

"I'll definitely check and try that for a result. Will keep you posted. Thanks As for retro fitting trim on any of these older motors, I couldn't tell you, this is my first boat."

Thanks for your help John. I w

Thanks for your help John. I will give it a shot.....

Back