Logo

Second StartsVmax 225

bolden1

I have a problem with my 2001

I have a problem with my 2001 Vmax 225. The best way for me to discribe it is to tell you what happened on 2 occassions. The first start of the day was normal. Never needed to prime this motor at all. I made my run which was about 13 miles. Fished the area for about 2 hours and decided to move to another area. That's when I started having problems getting it started. After about 4 minutes I finally got it started with plenty of smoke. The smoke told me that I was getting plenty of fuel. This has happened the last 2 outtings with the same results. First start of the day was good. Every start after that was difficult. The motor would turn during start but would never fire. If I shut the motor off and start it up immediately it would fire up with no problem. Plugs and starter Battery are new. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Chris

Add Your Message Here

"Spoke with a forum member and

"Spoke with a forum member and he said he was having the same issue. His problem had been going on for about a year now. He mentioned the injector relay which I did check statically by pulling the cowling off, turning the key to the first detent, and and stepping on the gas and listening for the relay buzz. If this happens again on the water I'll be sure and check this out when the problem happens. Right now everything works fine which makes it tough to find the problem."

Back