Logo

Yamaha 2 stroke 50H dies when engaging gear

P

Philip Wilson

"Hi,
I have a yanaha 50H two

"Hi,
I have a yanaha 50H two stroke, rebuild, my problem is that if i idle or run the motor with the muffs on, i can rev the motor until the limiter kicks in, however immediately i am on the water and i engage the gear, the motor dies, any idea as to what the problem could be?"

"Hi,

Yup,i synched the carb

"Hi,

Yup,i synched the carbs, by loosening the screw on the throttle butterflies, not the chokes, open the throttle, close throttle, and then fasten all screws again?"

"Hi,

I dont have a manual p

"Hi,

I dont have a manual per say, i have one that i got on cd from the agent here in cape town, how should i synch the carbs.
if you could help, it would be greatly appreciated"

"I have the same problem: Hey

"I have the same problem: Hey guys, I am once again in need of your help. We have one of those 2 cylinder yamaha made mariner engines. On the boat it runs and idles ok with the hoe one it, shift it in gear and still runs great, once you put in at the ramp it idles ok, but dies when you put it in gear. I had to jump the idle up yesterday to go fishing, but I knoe high idle shifts will kill the lower unit. Anybody ever had this problem? I have adjusted the carbs 6 ways to sunday and no matter what I do I just can't get it in sinc."

"Hi,

I gave up, went to an

"Hi,

I gave up, went to an agent here.

he explained that the carbs have a rod connecting them, clean the carbs properly, apparently this problem is also caused by a fouled jet, so clean these also, once carbs are cleaned, then re-install them keeping the rod connected, loosten the screws on the trottle butterflies, these are counter clockwise turns, press the throttle butterfly with a screw driver, so it is closed properly while tightening the screw you loosend earlier.
do this on all carbs and they are then synched.

hope this helps."

Back