Logo

120 HP force engine

K

Kerry Newman

Engine starts fine and runs we

Engine starts fine and runs well on the lake but after idleing in the no wake area at the dock it acts like it floods and does not want to idle and dies. I have to get it in gear quickly after it starts to get it going. Any ideas?

"I HAVE JUST PURCHASED A 1987

"I HAVE JUST PURCHASED A 1987 BAYLINER CAPRI WITH A FORCE 120HP, AND DO NOT KNOW WHAT THE FUEL 2 CYCLE OIL MIX RATIO IS COULD SOMEONE HELP ME WITH THIS INFO? THANKS SO MUCH."

"I have the same problem. Engi

"I have the same problem. Engine starts fine and runs well on the sea but after idleing in the no wake area at the dock it acts like it floods, does not want to idle and dies. Starts again on full throttle, needs 10 seconds to pick up high revs, then it will just pick-up when put into gear, but often dies. A little embarraing around the dock and risky around rocks. Any ideas?"

"1994 Force 120 outboard, seri

"1994 Force 120 outboard, serial No. 0E050055. I can't determine what spark plugs to use.
I don't have the manual and the exisitng ones are Champion L76V's but I'm advised these are the wrong ones.
Can anyone please confirm if I have the right plugs?"

"Dave there are two different

"Dave there are two different versions of the 120 Force. One had the Chrysler Prestolite ignition, the other had Merc's Thunderbolt.

If you have the BLUE CDI boxes and coils then those came from the factory with Champion UL-18V's

If it has the Merc ignition you should use NGK BUHW-2's (in place of the L76V champions which are not the best match for the Thunderbolt ignition)."

Back