Logo

Cut out switch 30 Mercruiser

hutchusmc

Ok here's the problem I ke

Ok here's the problem I keep getting a clanking sound coming from the outdrive when shifting into gear. I know it's bcause of the cutout switch. My cutout switch works when the motor isn't running but as soon as I start it doesn't want to fully cutout. I tried adjusting both the cables just how the book said and it still isn't shifting right. I am still new to the boating world. I don't even know how to zero it out and start all over. Is there any trick to get that working???

cutout switch only works comin

cutout switch only works coming out of gear. lower your idle. there is always some clanking noise in a merc drive.

I have the idle set at 500-600

I have the idle set at 500-600 rpm can't get any lower the cutout switch is not moving at all. I still can't figure out how it's supposed to be adjusted. If anyone else help? It is much appreciated.

"i know this is kinda crappy b

"i know this is kinda crappy but i installed a push button right above the steering wheel that cuts out the engine. (This was mainly cause it was either this or replace the cables.) It works like a charm, hit the button...throw it in gear. I've even been able to perfect it by learning how long to press the button for. It truly has smooth shifts but I know this is kinda a ghetto way of do'n things."

boathog is correct. cutout swi

boathog is correct. cutout switch is for coming out of gear. don't understand what you mean by "clanking". interupt will not function on flusher. more info.

I have a 1980 searay 260 my am

I have a 1980 searay 260 my ameter indash goes to the negative side and engine stalls at high rpm is this cutout switch or alternator shorting problem. My shift cable seems a little stiff.

"It only stalls at high RPM, A

"It only stalls at high RPM, And It only stalls when moving throttle?
Try removing lower shift cable from switch and pulling in and out by hand, it should move with little effort. If not than replace cable."

I've got a 350 in my bayli

I've got a 350 in my bayliner. Had some problems but managed to fix everything...so i thought. Now my engine is making a loud clanking and the rpm's start to go down and she acts like shes gonna die when i try to give her more gas. Anyone know whats going on??

Back