Logo

1989 V6 EXCELL Carb Sync

nilespf

"I had a problem with the engi

"I had a problem with the engine stalling when put in gear. I drained each carb and injected a spray "engine tuner" (back into the drain plug) manufactered for Evinrude/Johnson. The spray is converted to a foam in the plastic probe. The foam fills up the bowl and then the solvent works it's way up through the carb and into the throat. I did all six carbs and let the stuff work it's majic overnight. I started the engine and all is OK now. My question is: When the engine is running at idle, I spray the foam into each of the carbs. The lower 2 and middle 2 carbs draw the foam into the throat but the upper 2 carbs do not draw the foam into the engine. If I open the throttle ever so slightly, the upper 2 carbs will draw the foam as the other 4 carbs do. Is this normal or is there a sync issue. I would not consider the engine to be a smooth idler but it does run like a hose at RPM's other than Idle.
Sorry about the long post and thanks to JUST-IN TIME I didn't pursue the test prop."

normal

most motos with 3 ca

normal

most motos with 3 carbs only run of the lower 2 until off idle

i would rebuld those carbs

"I'm watching the Dallas g

"I'm watching the Dallas game (all is going well) and decide to see if there is bad news. Would'nt you know it I have to rebuild the carbs. I would rather eat a bowling ball. Thanks JUST-IN-TIME for the advise, right now I'm going to revel in knowing why I don't go to Vegas. Thanks again.

PN"

Back