Logo

Outdrive on 1991 Four Winns

benjamin

Just had the motor rebuilt. W

Just had the motor rebuilt. Went up to the lake for the big test run and the engine turned over and sounded great! HOWEVER...the Outdrive would not go down at all. No noise...nothing. I think there must have been a wire that was not re-connected after the motor was rebuilt and replaced...but I'm just guessing. Any ideas out there???

"yes probably wiring. look for

"yes probably wiring. look for green and blue wires running from the trim pump to a relay, then smaller green and blue wire triggering the relay. Green is down. A voltmeter will tell you what point power is making it to."

"There is a 2 wire connector &

"There is a 2 wire connector (12 gauge I think) with a black and red/purple wire, you can follow it back from the trim pump/relay that they would have unplugged to remove the engine. This eventually comes from the 50 amp breaker."

"Ever notice how much easier i

"Ever notice how much easier it is to take things apart than it is to put them back together?

Those wires for the trim pump can do a good job of hiding. Start at the pump and follow the wires till you come to the connector, then you'll have to find it's mate in the conglomeration of wires atop the shift bracket. Hope that's all it is, good luck."

Back