Logo

Oil tube on 1990 43L

dmc

Has anyone found a inexpensive

Has anyone found a inexpensive set up for checking and drawing the oil out on a 4.3L engine. I repowered the boat the we somehow lost the dip tube and stick from the old engine. To get the original OMC parts including the pan fitting its over $100. I dont care if its pretty or original but I could use some help getting the parts list.

I might be able to help you ou

I might be able to help you out. I'm in the middle of a repower and upgraded to the vortec engine which has a different dip stick and a separate drain tube. Give me a couple of days to make sure it all works out and I'll sell you my original dip stick and tube.

Hey again Glenn. Good choice

Hey again Glenn. Good choice going with the Vortec. I think you will be pleased with the extra hp. Keep us posted with the progress.

Hello GW. That would be great

Hello GW. That would be great if you could send your old one. Will you have all the attachment fittings to get it on to the oil pan.
When might you know if you can spare it.
Regards

"Chuck,
Just couldn't res

"Chuck,
Just couldn't resist the upgrade. The exhaust manifolds fit nicely, about 1/8" clearance on the valve covers. The problem I'm having is the carb. I'm trying to use my 2bbl and the throttle linkage hits the manifold. Any suggestions? I was assured that it would fit before I ordered the motor. I was in the process of fabing the mount for the cable when I discovered the problem. Is there a spacer available? Seems like it needs to be raised about a half an inch. Can't wait to get it reinstalled and go after the late season Walley and Steelhead.

DMC, Hopefully by the end of the week I'll know. Yes, provided you have the steel oil pan, everything is there."

"Yes, I put the original space

"Yes, I put the original spacer on and it still sits too low. Hopefully the place I bought it from will step up and help. I'm pretty sure I have the mounts for the throttle and shift linkage figured out, so once I get this carb thing figured out I should be on the water this weekend. Keep your fingers crossed. I'll check out the link to summit and let you know."

"DMC,

Shoot me an email, th

"DMC,

Shoot me an email, things are looking good so far. I should be sure I don't need those parts by Thursday."

Back