Logo

1999 bayliner 74L bravo 3 issues

hat_trick

"Hello all,
ok, last week i

"Hello all,
ok, last week i posted an oil in the bilge issue. Just to refresh your memories, we discussed possible yoke seal change as a remody. Well the boat season in CO is about over, and i have the outdrive service on my list of winterization needs and to check / replace the yoke seal to cure the oil in the bilge issue.

My concern now is that last weekend i filled the resevoir to take the family out for a drive.
Once ideled out of the marina and up on plane for about 10 minutes, something did not sound right. While my tachometer did not move, it sounded like the motor was reving up, like i was coming off plane. With this it seamed like a loss of power as if i was coming off plane. I ideled down, and put the boat in neutral. I checked the resevoir level and it was still about 3/4 full. What was that?

Now as a seperate issue, i have never had this boat / engine go over 3,100 RPM's WOT. This seems a little low for this set up? Not sure of the DUO prop sizes or the gearing ratio (also i am at 5300 altitude)
The story on this boat is: i purchased it about two months ago. The previous owner had it put in the water and never used it for the last three years. It has been winterized on sumerized by the marina every year. Could this be a case of just not being used enough?
Sorry for the long winded explanation, i have a hard time "typing from thought".
any help is much appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

""While my tachometer did

""While my tachometer did not move, it sounded like the motor was reving up, like i was coming off plane. With this it seamed like a loss of power as if i was coming off plane." ?????

Props slipping?"

Each prop has a shaft to turn

Each prop has a shaft to turn it and each prop has a rubber insert between the prop and the spline. One or both may have failed.

Back