Logo

Two Beeps every minute on a 2003 57 ltr Bravo III

mallett10

"Hello, I have a 2003 Rinker

"Hello, I have a 2003 Rinker Viesta Vee 5.7 liter Bravo III that is having vocal cords in the tune of two beeps about every minute. The repair shop is scheduled for a visit to plug in for the codes but was wondering if there was a distinct message behind two beeps in a minutes time? The boat hasn't had any other issues and the only recent action would be that I filled the gas tanks. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks"

"There are more than 25 differ

"There are more than 25 different faults that will set a "soft" (two beep per minute) alarm, and there is no way to tell (without some supporting symptoms) what the fault is. Please let us know what the tech finds when they scan it, a lot of times it's a easy repair that you could possibly do yourself."

"Thanks, they went to the boat

"Thanks, they went to the boat today and it was a defective control arm that regulates air and fuel? I have the part ordered and will hopefully be available to learn a few things as they replace it. Thanks for your prompt response."

"Maybe you mean the IAC (I

"Maybe you mean the IAC (Idle Air Control) Valve? If it is an IAC Output fault, it is real common on the smallblock engines, but be sure that they change the IAC muffler also. A restricted muffler causes the IAC valve to run at 100% duty cycle and the resulting high heat is what kills a lot of IAC valves."

Sorry for the delayed response

Sorry for the delayed response. The IAC valve is what needed to be replaced along with a gasket cover on the port side of the engine. I had the starboard side replace two years ago. Everything is running in tip top shape. Thanks again for your support.

Back