Logo

Cooling system diagram

Does anyone have a diagram of

Does anyone have a diagram of the cooling system for a 327F WITHOUT the risers on the exhaust manifolds? I would assume the main part of the manifolds is the same but I'm not sure about the aft portion and how to plumb it if I use the non-riser manifolds.
Thanks -
Greg

"<[img]"http://www.marineengin

"
282161.jpg
cooling

"Risers and manifolds are not

"Risers and manifolds are not always "mix and match"... A particular exhaust manifold is designed for a particular waterflow path and exhaust elbow.

On many raw water cooled systems, water is pumped into the front of the exhaust manifold and exits out the back into the elbow/riser.

Chris had a sophisticated system called "Thermo Electron" as I recall. In that system they carefully managed water flow to the elbows/risers seperately from the manifolds (as above). I'm not all that sure that whatever system improvement they thought they had was worth the complications caused by failure of the pressure relief valves on the elbows.

Risers on a marine engine (if they will fit under the hood) are generally a good idea as they reduce the possibility of water ingestion into the cylinders... usually a very expensive happening. Some engine manufacturers have a minimum design height published for the top of the risers over the waterline... usually on the order of 13"."

"I have a set of CC manifolds

"I have a set of CC manifolds from a 283 flywheel forward without risers but they have two water inlets per side at the exhaust outlets. In my application, I can get away without risers. I would like to eliminate the CC manifolds with the risers and install the other manifolds but am not sure how to route the water to the outlets."

Back