Logo

1988 2455 w omc 58L engine with 216 hours on it

C

ced

"heres my question, when i go

"heres my question, when i go Wot with this boat it runns good but i only get about 30 - 31.5 mph and about 3- 3.5k RPMs is this normal and what do i need to do if it isnt to have this issue fixed?"

"Has it always been this way o

"Has it always been this way or has something changed recently?

That engine should be reaching into the mid 4k's at WOT.

Assuming the engine is running right, tune up, fuel filters, etc. What size is the prop on there? You may be over propped with too high a pitch?"

let me get all the info for yo

let me get all the info for you and i will surely let you know

"also when i bought the boat l

"also when i bought the boat last month the guy said it runs great inwhich it does, just a lack of speed and low RPM's brought the concern about so i asked. also this past weekend the trim tab right above the prop came off in the water and i have a replacement but i havent been ableto locate the bolt for it yet so that is why i asked the question in another post about would it matter if it was on"

"Ok....did it run better befor

"Ok....did it run better before???

Even if you drop the pitch down to 15 x 15 you'll only pick up another 300-400 rpm's. Could need a tune up, verify that the tach is accurate, what are you using to measure the speed, the boats speedometer?"

the boat speedometer along wit

the boat speedometer along with the gps . both are very close to the same. when you say tune up would that also include the carburator also. i was told that it could use replacing also/ rebuilded. would that make a big difference

"A tune up doesn't normall

"A tune up doesn't normally include the carb but new filters, plugs, points/condenser/rotor, cap, maybe wires. You need to be sure that the engine is developing max HP. You should also check the compression."

Back