Logo

Yamaha 115 V4 Carb

cjlopez4

"Had her out on the water two

"Had her out on the water two weeks ago ran fine with one hiccup, the motor stopped after going wake speed for about 20 minutes. Maybe flooded her so we waited and restarted after 5 minutes without the choke. She started up fine and ran for two hours perfectly. Brought her home, re-started fine and flushed her out and brought her back to storage. Two weeks later (this past weekend) brought her out of storage tried to start her up with no luck.

New sparkies and fuel/water separator. Tried starting without plugs to burn any fuel in the powerhead, placed new sparkies back still no luck. She gets fuel because fuel spills out of the carbs when used, and I believe she gets spark because she turns over makes sound like she’s about to start lets out exhaust and stops."

"I don't think it's th

"I don't think it's the carbs. I'm not getting spark now. The resistance on the trigger is in range, however the resistance on the stator is weak to negligible. Also, when cleaning the boat I ran the bilge pump to long and ran down the batteries. I charged the starter battery fine, back to 95%. However, when I connected battery 2 and placed the battery switch on the boat to position 2, after a few minutes the battery charger went dead. How did I fry the battery charger from battery 2? Maybe this is my problem with the engine. Can or is it safe to start the boat engine with the battery switch set to use all batteries or only the starter battery?"

need to determine if it is fue

need to determine if it is fuel starvation. have some start the motor as you spray starter fluid in carb screen. If motor starts and runs fine for about minute then its most likely your fuel injectors or fuel filter clogged. Make sure to change the little fuel filter inside the visible fuel filter case which cost about $35. If it is the injectors it will cost you alot more unless you do it your self. Each inject cost about $130 a piece. They are very hard to clean once clogged.

Yamaha is not covering under warranty any issues related to fuel..they call it bad fuel or blame the 10% ethanol.

hope this helps...happy boating

Sometimes the best solution is

Sometimes the best solution is the most simple. I cleaned the fuel filter and now it runs fine.

those fuel filters are not des

those fuel filters are not designed to be cleaned and if you try you may introduce contaiments in the injectors. Made out of paper 10 microns...

I would replace new...I would not want be out where when a storm coming and fuel filter got clogged again...I have a 150 4 stroke and believe me I have learned my lesson.

my bad...get a carb rebuilt ki

my bad...get a carb rebuilt kit..seem issues with carb

I am at my wits end with this

I am at my wits end with this beast. Last week as you know I cleaned the fuel filter element and It ran fine all day. Took back to storage. Just brought it home out of storage and it wont run??????

Back