Logo

Yamaha 250 4 stroke 2007 fuel pump

henshaw87

"I have a 2007 4 stroke ,only

"I have a 2007 4 stroke ,only 61 hours on it . Yesterday when I was riding atvery low speed the engine stalled on me . First time it did this . I stated it again and ran a few minutes and stalled. Went back to the dock and had the mechanic there look at it -checked the fuel filter -no water , the vapor gap looked good . and not water in the engine fuel filter .
Next we did a test run and did the same thing . When we restarted the engine he kept pressing the fuel bulb ,which kept in running till we got back to the dock . He said he thinks it could be the high pressure fuel pump etc. Anyone have this problem before and is the a problem with the 2007 250 ? MY next step will be to take it back to the dealer and hopefully have my warranty cover repairs. Or could there be comething simple we missed .
FYI- also about a few weeks ago my digital fuel gauge that tells me how many gallons I use per trip stoped working -are the twp realated ?

Thanks for any info"

"Larry,

I have a 2005 4 str

"Larry,

I have a 2005 4 stroke 150 with about 200 hours. The boat sat for about 6 months. When I took her out the motor started up fine but once you give it gas it would immediately stall out. After several trys of starting and trying to move the motor finally would not start.

I played with bulb and notice visible fuel filter not filling up all the way. So I though a vapor vacuum of some sort.

Took it to the dealer and ended up being the small fuel filter in the VST tank that was clogged as well as all four injectors being clogged. Total cost to fix $800 and the big caughter here that Yamaha would not fix it under my 6 year warranty. Claims the problem was fuel related to bad gas. Plus you are suppose to change the VST fuel filter every 100 hours...never read anywhere..very disappointed with Yamaha.

Going to have check the injectors and the VST fuel filter that is your most likely problem."

Back