Logo

Steering broke on 87 sunliner PCM

williecnote

Got stuck and the steering arm

Got stuck and the steering arm that attaches to the pwoer steering arm broke at the outdrive. I can get the main part of the broken arm off but I was wondering what the next steps were to get the rest of it out? It has a nut with a cater pin in it but it will not come all the way off as it hits the boat body. does the the out drive have to be removed?

Thanks
Will

"Hey, I am contacting everyone

"Hey, I am contacting everyone on here that I see owns a PCM and I see you do!! Do you know of any marina or boat company or anyone that carries the parts for these boats? I am in bad need of the gears inside of the outdrive and I have had no luck at all. My boat is also a 1987 Sunliner w/ a PCM 302 V-8. If you can help me, please contact me at your earliest convience! PLEASE HELP!! I am ready to get back on the water!! Thanks, Lisa"

"Lisa, You can contact Gene Zo

"Lisa, You can contact Gene Zobel at PCM.
Pleasurecraft Engine Group
PO Drawer 369
Little Mountain, SC 29075

If you can get the phone number he is very helpful. where are you located. We had Kentuckian Yacht Sales in Jeffersonville, IN. take care of ours. But you can get the parts direct from PCM. If I find Gene's number I will send it to you.

Will"

"For those in south carolina a

"For those in south carolina and needing parts contacts, you can call 803 345 1337. that is the PCM group in little mtn. sc. I just had my pcm sunliner with a 4140 mits. motor. If anybody has that motor and needs parts, that motor is out of a mits. industrial forklift. Parts come out of georgia."

I have a velvetshift trans 150

I have a velvetshift trans 1500 and complete drive assy new upper gears used lower for a 2.6 mits. my motor has busted valves and pitted cyls. anybody needs call 850 512 0033 I also got my gears from gene before finding i had a trashed motor

Back