Logo

Does mercruiser offer a kit to repaint your outdrive to like new apperance

weider1717

Contributing Member
Amoung my many mini projects g

Amoung my many mini projects going on with my new to me boat I am wanting to repaint the out drive.

my plan is to wetsand it down smooth then paint it with what mercruiser painted it from the factory with.

where do I find the factory correct finish products? what will I need just a spray can all in one paint deal or do they offer a primer etc then a top coat...I want it to look right as in good as it did from mercruiser in 1984..

this is on an alpha 1 gen 1

take to body shop and have pai

take to body shop and have painted with imron..it will look like glass and last long time...sailor

"thanks

what about this tri

"thanks

what about this trilux products? they offer outdrive black paint, would that match up to what my drive should look like?

if i go with imron they offer several different glosses..not sure which is best for a new factory apperance"

just finished put a new4.3l in

just finished put a new4.3l in a 2252 bay liner anyone have any idea what the WOT or top speed should be im getting 27 mph @4200rpm runs great but kinda slow got a 17 pitch ss prop

"luke:

start a separate thr

"luke:

start a separate thread for the most responces. Include info. on the carb or EFI and HP. My 4.3L, 175 HP WOT is 4400-4800. I use a SS 21P x 15.25" prop and goes 44 mph at 4500 RPM"

Back